Telecom Routing Administration
The industry recognized source for routing and rating data
Catalog of Products
A complete TRA Catalog of Products (more extensive than text at this site) can be viewed and printed by clicking on the image appearing to the right.
Catalog last updated: May 2011
Note: The TRA Catalog is in pdf format and requires the Adobe Reader which can be obtained from Adobe by by clicking here.
See the Product Listing below to link to additional product descriptions about TRA products. Some product descriptions include self-extracting samples that can be downloaded (.exe files). The .exe files do not "run / install" an application, but are essentially self-extracting zipped data and text files.
Note that most TRA data products are essentially "data" and require users to "process" the data to meet their unique needs and properly integrate the data it into their local environments.
Before continuing, you may find it useful to read a list of common terms
Note that products can be delivered via different methods (e.g. CD, email, web download, etc.), options may vary by product - all products can be arranged to be accessed and downloaded via the web (for further information about web downloads contact TRA Customer Care Center). The following links provide additional information regarding each product. For even more details, view or download the complete TRA Catalog by clicking at the catalog image at the top of this page. Click here to obtain information on ordering products
- LERG Routing Guide - The comprehensive source for routing data (NPA NXXs, Thousands-Blocks, switches, homing arrangements, Rate Centers, etc.) covering the local exchange arena. LERG tool: LERG OnLine
- TPM Data Source - Contains NPA NXXs, Thousands-Blocks, Rate Center V&H, time zones, RAO, other rating related data for NXXs. (does not contain rates).
- Local Calling Area Data Source - One-stop source for local calling area information (i.e. local/toll relationships).
- Telemarketing Data Source (TDS) - Can be used to identify cellular, paging, and landline exchanges (prefixes, NPA NXXs ...) by state, entire U.S., Canada and all of NANP.
- NPA-NXX Active Code List (NNACL) - Data for all working NPA NXXs in the NANP, by Area Code (over 175,000 NXXs and 600,000 Thousands Blocks)
- NPA-NXX Activity Guide (NNAG) - Future adds/deletes/changes to NPA NXXs, by Area Code (NPA)
- Geographic Exchange List (GEL) - Contains the majority of geographic data from TRA databases, at an NPA NXX level plus other sourced data (e.g. counties, postal codes, MSAs).
- LIDB Access Routing Guide (LARG) - Used primarily for Global Title Translations for Alternate Billing Services.
- Calling Name Access Routing Guide (CNARG) - Used primarily for Global Title Translations for Calling Name Services.
- Telephone Area Code Directory (TACD) - Lists localities within the NANP and their associated Area Codes.
- Emergency Notifications (ENs) - Reports new NPA NXX openings that were reported late relative to industry guidelines (supports the LERG and TPM).
- Area Code Split Exchange Data (ACSED) - Maintained data files of NPA NXXs changing Area Codes. Covers all recently completed, in progress, and upcoming splits.
- V & H Calculation (VHCALC) - PC-based software that converts Latitude/Longitude to V&H and V&H to Latitude/Longitude.
- Industry-Specific Proprietary Products - SS7 Point Code data and the Operating Telephone Numbering Plan Guide (OTCNPG).
TRA can provide a 1 or 2 day workshop that overviews the industry processes that drive the TRA products, as well as providing an overview of specific products such as the LERG Routing Guide. Data providers who have access to update their data into our TRA databases also may attend an input training class preceding the workshops. Click here for further information.
- NPA - Numbering Plan Area (also known as an Area Code)
- NXX - the 3 digits after an NPA in a phone number (aka prefix, exchange, central office code...)
- NANP - North American Numbering Plan - US, most US Territories, Canada, and several island countries in the Atlantic and Caribbean and other areas where telephone numbers follow the Area Code / prefix concept.
- V&H - Vertical & Horizontal - a set of numbers used in telephony, derived from Latitude/Longitude, to pinpoint a location. These are used in assessing distances between two points for call rating purposes, network access charges, and related telephony bases needs.
- Rate Center - a point within a Rate Exchange Area. Generally, calls originating and terminating within these areas are considered local. However, please note that a Rate Exchange Area is NOT usually one-to-one with "Local Calling Area" (which may extend across Rate Exchange Areas). TRA provides Local Calling Area information only via the LCADS product..
- LATA - Local Access Transport Area - geographical areas, defined by the US Justice Department, which limit the range certain major local exchange carriers are permitted to transport telephone calls.